Our clients come to us with all kinds of inspirational, cool, and even fun, “crazy” ideas for their worship, kids, and community areas. And while portability has its unique challenges we’re thrilled those churches have made the valuable choice to be portable.
Although portability can sound overwhelming and intimidating, we are here to let you know that it is not as scary as it seems! And in fact, it is extremely do-able! There are lots of misconception about portability that we hope to address as you walk through the process of deciding if portability is the right choice for you. Many of the misconceptions you may know of are perpetrated by people who have experienced it the hard way, by doing it DIY style or by people who haven’t done it at all. And ultimately, there’s usually not a lot of information beyond cost-saving to convince them to do it.
However, the churches we’ve partnered with time and time again come and let us know how big their “wins” are, from wonderful community outreach experiences to rapid growth and happy, connecting volunteers, and many more!
Below are just some of the greatest wins that our survey with Leadership Network found in new church plants and multisites who have gone portable, reported in our eBook with Leadership Network.
- With the expense being less than permanent spaces, more can be invested in ministries that continue to grow the church.
- Portability creates a tight community through bonding and teamwork; bonds often disappear and are hard to recreate in a permanent facility.
- People are noticing and feeling connected to a “sacrifice to be involved in a portable situation.”
- As churches grow, and move into new spaces, the surrounding community is kept aware through marketing efforts. This momentum is noticed and frequently attracts even more people.
- Rented venues tend to keep their spaces relevant, helping the church space appear fresh, clean, and not dated.
These wins represent a much larger set of pros for portability. And as you begin the journey of learning about portability we hope to provide you with confidence that you can have an amazing church in a rented facility.
Learn in greater detail what makes portable churches grow 12% faster than permanent facilities, along with other in-depth insights about the latest research in church planting and multisite in our eBook Latest Multisite Trends: How a New Generation of Pastors is Shifting to Strategies that Reproduce and Multiply, written by our partner, Dr. Warren Bird from Leadership Network.
Complete this quick form for instant download of the eBook: